We all need to know what we are trying to do and how we plan to get it done. Someone has said it better: “A vision without a plan is just a dream.”
I had been pastoring a church in Southern Portugal for a little over 10 years, when we felt called to become church planting missionaries in this great country. When that happened, we put together a biblical plan to try to reach this nation with the Gospel of Christ. You can read what we came up with by clicking here. You can say that was the first draft of our ministry philosophy.
Recently, I sat down once again to refine that plan and give it a little more structure. It describes what we have been doing and what we want to continue to see done in the future.
We make no secret about it. We are praying that the Lord will help us be involved in starting 70 new churches in Portugal in our life time. We are honored for the ones that have already partnered with us, giving and praying to see this nation reached. We are praying that more would get hold of this vision. Send us a line if you want to know what you can do to help.
We are fully aware that if we are going to see that 70th church started we will have to get to the point where we are seeing multiple church plants started the same year. That is why our ministry philosophy to reach Portugal with the Gospel of Christ revolves around three main points: Evangelism, Biblical teaching and training, and Church planting.
- Acquiring, preparing and producing quality evangelism materials for distribution in Portugal, by the Portuguese churches.
- Organizing evangelistic events and projects that can be reproduced by the Portuguese churches and helping the churches to put these into practice.
- Biblical teaching and training:
- Developing, continually improve and make available theological teaching materials in different formats.
- Providing ministry training by involving the students in practical ministry and in new church plants.
- Helping the Portuguese churches to start their own Bible Institutes.
- Assisting the Portuguese pastors and leaders in their ongoing learning process through the organization of fellowship opportunities, as well as seminars, conferences and the publication of books.
- Church planting:
- Being constantly involved in a new church plant.
- Helping existing churches to start new churches.
Bear with us, we are a work in progress. The truth is that we are not in charge. Missionary work is done by the grace of God and through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. With this post we are not saying, “We are going to plant 70 churches and this is how we are going to do it!”
All we are saying is, the Lord loves Portugal, Jesus died for the Portuguese, God has saved many Portuguese people and many more are getting saved. We are praying to see this nation reached. This is what I can tell you, if the Lord wants to see 70 churches started in Portugal in my life time, I definitely want to be involved in it. Wouldn’t you?
Did we miss anything? Are there great ideas out there that we could use? Questions? Please let us know. Write a comment bellow.